Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Feature request - larger document and midi buttons in layouts

Started by cpwaites, June 23, 2017, 09:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpwaites

I am referring to sizing of multiple document and MIDI buttons created as part of a layout, as opposed to selected to display along with the song list.  For other buttons, such as automation or recording, you can resize the button.  But when you select to create multiple document buttons or multiple MIDI buttons, there is no ability to resize those.  You can drag the corner of the box, but it does not resize the buttons or text.  Would appreciate that ability in a future version. 

arlo

Right, in this case resizing the layout item makes room for more buttons, rather than making the buttons bigger. I'll put a resize option for the buttons (and text labels) themselves on my wish list.

kenardo

Hi Arlo,
This may be related...
I would also like to include the option to make the text smaller in this field...
I find it hard to fit the text and PDF/song on portrait mode to select a drum midi app.
once I select the midi apps for the song I  expand the pdf..
kenardo

arlo

I would add a single resize option that affects both the button size and the text size, so you could use that to make the text smaller.

arlo

In the new app version released today, when editing a layout, you can select the multiple MIDI buttons, then click the options button in the top right corner, and enter a scale factor. This will resize the text and the buttons. Resizing the set of buttons by dragging the resize handle in the lower right corner still changes the size of the available area for the buttons, as before.