Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Remote Control Scroll Actions

Started by calojer, June 28, 2017, 02:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calojer

Hi Arlo,
Do you think It could be possibile to consider to do an Action that will scroll 3/4 lines of lyrics at a time?
Now I'm forced To choose the action "Next screen or song" because "scroll document down" scrolls one line of lyrics at a time and it's very unconfortable But it's not exactly what i was looking for 😥.
It Would be wonderful to scroll continuously when you press the button and stop when you leave it But I guess the blueboard can't do That 😥.
An action that scrolls 3/4 lines of lyrics at a time could be a good compromise!
What do you think about it?

Thanks in advance.

arlo

The next/previous screen/page actions will scroll your lyrics 90% of the way down. This should leave a few overlapping lines and is the way a typical windowed computer interface works. I think a 75% scroll would seem odd since other software doesn't work that way.

Maybe auto-scrolling would work better for you?

Coop47

II was going to ask for 25%, though 50% or 75% would be helpful too.  90% gives only 10% leeway in terms of knowing when to advance. If I'm gigging and need both chords and lyrics, that gives very little room for error and I need to be staring down at the screen to make sure I don't advance too early. 

I guess what I'm really asking for (like cajoler) is a way to increase the amount of scroll to more than a line at a time.

arlo

Quote from: Coop47 on August 24, 2017, 05:43:46 AM
I guess what I'm really asking for (like cajoler) is a way to increase the amount of scroll to more than a line at a time.

All right, increasing the amount for the Scroll Up/Down actions seems more natural to me than decreasing the amount for the Page Up/Down actions. I'll put that on my wish list. Also, I didn't notice this before:

Quote from: calojer on June 28, 2017, 02:01:06 AM
It Would be wonderful to scroll continuously when you press the button and stop when you leave it But I guess the blueboard can't do That 😥.

Actually you can do that, if you set up auto-scrolling; then you can use the Auto-Scroll Document or Lyrics remote control action to turn auto-scrolling on and off with a foot switch as you play.

Coop47

Thanks Arlo! That would make a huge difference for me.

arlo

The new app version released today includes Settings > Remote Control > Document Scroll Amount to increase the amount of scrolling for each press of the foot switch. It also removes the throttling of continuous foot switch messages, so you can hold it down to keep scrolling if your foot switch supports that. More details are here:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1785.0.html