Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

iOS 5.3 / Android 2.3

Started by arlo, June 09, 2018, 02:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

I'm just a couple days away from the next major app version. The biggest features are:

- A new function to send lyrics, chords and other details for all the songs in a show or smart list as a PDF file. You can use this to send your songs to a part-time player, or print a book to use as a hard-copy backup.

- Buttons to edit a layout, or jump directly between recently viewed shows and smart lists, without leaving the show view.

- Options for randomizing a show or selecting random songs.

- Shows are organized by year and you can give shows a color for quick organization.

- Options to skip forward and back in recordings or fade out recordings.

- Support for Standard MIDI Files, either to play music (iOS or Android) or send MIDI data sequences (iOS only).

There's also a ton of smaller additions and bug fixes. I'll post the release notes when the update is available, and will send out personal notifications of any updates that were requested by users.

As always, I recommend turning off app auto-updating and checking here for issues before updating a device that you rely on for gigs.

arlo

The website is updated now, and the new apps should be available for download shortly (it takes an hour or two for updates to process through the app stores). Here are the release notes:

iOS: http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html#ios_5_3
Android: http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html#android_2_3

I'll be sending personal notifications and updating the tutorials in the next day or two. I'll also post any new issues here, so watch this space if you're concerned about updating.

KNOWN ISSUES AS OF JUNE 18, 2018

- The new Share Set List and Share Songs buttons aren't clickable in the Android app. FIXED in version 2.3.1

- Lyrics sometimes display with the wrong font in the iOS app. FIXED in version 5.3.1

- The "Display Screen from" and "Follow Remote Control Events from" buttons in the Device Linking Status window on Android don't do anything. Workaround: use the same buttons on the Settings > Device Linking page. FIXED in version 2.3.2

- The app doesn't auto-rotate on Android versions 4.2 and older. Workaround: rotate your device to portrait, then turn on the orientation lock setting, then open Set List Maker. FIXED in version 2.3.2