Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Phasing Out Database Syncing

Started by arlo, July 10, 2017, 12:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keonic

Hi Arlo,

I am planning to purchase the Solo Bandhelper app. For now however, I am experiencing issues with my current linking of documents and recordings in Setlist Maker. After importing documents and recordings, I then link through Songs tab . When I  create a show either the document or recording is delinked. I have to go back to Songs tab and relink, but same thing happens after a period of time,. In fact when play the song, the recording stops midstream. What can I do to fix?

I have been importing through drop box from my computer as this is the easiest for me albeit a tedious process. Has the transition to bandhelper affected my current database? because I'm not that savvy technically speaking, I'm nervous about switching over to bandhelper for the balance of the year as I have several gigs and don't want to lose what I created quite yet. Unless of course the process with bandhelper is simpler, I keep what I have through Setlist M and protect any new linking of documents and recordings.

Thanks for your help!
John

arlo

I am planning to purchase the Solo Bandhelper app. For now however, I am experiencing issues with my current linking of documents and recordings in Setlist Maker.

If you want to troubleshoot that, please submit a help ticket:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia

But if you're planning to switch to BandHelper soon, I wouldn't bother, because linking to documents and recordings works totally differently there and any problem you're experiencing in one app probably won't carry over to the other.

EverlyOthers

Hiya

I've been reading through all the info again and read that if I use the Export Import method, it will NOT export all the recordings and documents?!  If that is the case what exactly is it exporting?

arlo

I've been reading through all the info again and read that if I use the Export Import method, it will NOT export all the recordings and documents?!  If that is the case what exactly is it exporting?

The export/import function includes songs, shows, smart lists, MIDI presets and MIDI devices. It does not include layouts, documents, recordings or settings. This is the same as the old database sync function.

If you want to sync documents and recordings, you can switch to BandHelper, which syncs all of the above plus documents, recordings, layouts and some settings.

EverlyOthers

OK, thanks.  I've decided to switch to Bandhelper.  We had already downloaded the app ages ago but never used it!  I tried to open the app and it's asking for my Account Name, Username and Password, but I can't remember what any of them are!!! I've submitted a help desk ticket, hopefully they can help me out.

EverlyOthers

I've now got my Bandhelper account and have been trying to find out how to get the Databases from Set List Maker over to Bandhelper.  I have found something that says to e-mail it over from Set List Maker.  But the e-mails currently aren't working on my iphone so is there any other way of getting the Databases from Set List Maker on my iphone to Bandhelper?

arlo

No, the export to BandHelper requires that you have a working email account on your device. If you're syncing between devices, you can do that from any of the devices.

EverlyOthers

So I've now managed to e-mail it via a G-mail account.  It's transferred the Database list of songs and the documents but NOT the recordings.  How do I get the recordings to transfer?

arlo

The fastest way is to gather up your recordings on your computer, zip them together and upload them using the Batch Upload button on the Repertoire > Recordings page of the BandHelper website. More details and options are here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/attaching_recordings.html

EverlyOthers

So I zipped my itunes and it's WAY over 500MB!!! Does anyone know of a way to zip just one playlist within iTunes, so I can then batch import it into Bandhelper.

arlo

You can make a folder on your computer, then select all the items in the playlist in iTunes, and drag them to that folder.

But if the folder is too big, you'll have to split your recordings across multiple folders, then zip and upload each folder separately.

EverlyOthers

Thanks Arlo, I'll give that a try. :)

EverlyOthers

If they're small enough do they still need to be zipped?

arlo

EverlyOthers

This is frustrating! So I broke it down and transferred 13 different zips to get the backing tracks over to Bandhelper, but not all of them worked.  So in Recordings I've been going through and manually attaching the relevant missing backing tracks, but when I click on the recording button it doesn't play!