Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Feature requests for layout editor

Started by thoseguys, October 26, 2017, 02:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thoseguys

I just had a couple of requests for features in future updates, that I think would make life easier when using the layout editor (definitely for me, and maybe for others as well):

• Is there any way to add the ability to change text justification? For example, when adding a "key" field layout editor, is it possible to make it so that the text is always centre justified, instead of being left-aligned?
  • Also, it would be really great to be able to insert custom text fields. This would allow a little bit more flexibility when creating layouts, as I could use them for labeling "title", or "key", etc. I know it's currently possible to show a label for each field, but I haven't yet been able to find any options for customizing that label (font size, etc.)

As always, thanks again for this incredible product, Arlo! I know I'd be lost without it at this point.

arlo

1) That would be relatively easy and I'll put it on my to do list.

2) Do you mean a static text field that shows the same text for every song? With formatting options? It would be easier to add formatting options to the standard field label. Besides text size, what else would you want to see for that?

thoseguys

Thanks for the reply! Yes, a static text field is what I meant, but formatting options for the field "labels" would likely do just as well.

As far as text formatting goes, it would be great to be able to change text size, apply basic formatting (B/I/U), and perhaps colour.

arlo

Uwe

Would love to able to put things to the fore- or background.

arlo

You can move an item to the foreground by clicking it. In the next app version scheduled for November 1, you can click an item's options button, then click Move to Back to move it to the background.