Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Automation Pause possible?

Started by Reverend J, July 11, 2017, 03:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverend J

I'm trying to set automation using a midi footswitch to move the lyrics to a particular spot when I hit the switch; PAUSE on that screen; then move to another spot in the song WHEN I HIT THE FOOTSWITCH. Is this possible?

Right now, I can record two page moves in automation, but the second move has to be timed; it won't wait for a midi signal.

I know there have been requests for page markers to be added to do the same thing I"m asking to do.

Is that a possibility?? Would love to see it in your app (which is wonderful, BTW!)

Tx,
Rev. J

arlo

I think what you're asking for is what I think of as a manually triggered automation track. I'm hoping to add that later this year and I'll let you know if I can do it.

Reverend J

Ok. Being able to set "page breaks" would be wonderful.

I find setting automation to be exact is tough. The scrolling feature is very unreliable given the human element of tempo and time fluctuation.

thanks!
RJ

arlo

The new app version released today includes a button for adding markers to lyrics, and then any page function will jump to the markers. More details and a demo video are here:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1785.0.html