Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Feature requests - Stage Plot

Started by viger, July 13, 2017, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viger

Hi,  I'm using the ipad for creating stage plots.  It's not a bad tool, but needs a few things to make it more useful, in my opinion ;)

1-Allow object resize
--this will take care of a few different issues.  In one case, our bass player has a small bass synth keyboard next to his rig.  With this tool, in order to alert the techs that there is a keyboard onstage there, I have to put this huge keyboard somewhere by the bass player.  If I can resize it, then problem solved.  This would also solve problems with drum placement, etc.  I would think that any app would have resize capabilities.

2-Allow the ability to add something more than performer name.  Another stage plot tool that I use has a human representation (male and female), but a stick figure or even circle around the name (along with resize capability) would be good enough.

3-Requesting the following icons added for the tool:
-electronic drum pad (something like a roland octopad)
-some sort of rack case (resizable square with some additional detail)  I use this for synths
-it would be nice to have mic stands, including straight and boom.  This will give the crew an idea of what each member would need
-an actual guitar and bass.  Having multiple amps on the plot then having to read the notes to see who the guitar player is vs the bass player is not very effective.  In another example, the keyboard player also plays guitar but goes direct.  Just putting a small rectangle with DI in it wouldn't be as effective as putting a guitar next to the keys with the DI.
-Would be nice to be able to add a graphic for a band logo.  Not critical but the crew prints these out and having something that directs them who this is for would be nice.

Also, as per my response in another post, The ability to see the plot on the website is kind of important.  Our business person doesn't use an ipad.  They sit in front of the computer and send emails and makes calls.  They don't need to create the plot but they should be able to view an image file and be able to attach it to a message to a contact.  Your tool is great for making life easy for working musicians.  Having everything in one place is critical.

Great stuff though.  Love the service! Thanks!

arlo

1-Allow object resize

The main reason this isn't available is that I'm afraid people will get all the sizes inconsistent and the stage plot will look sloppy. I mean, there should be no need to resize a mic icon. The one item that is resizable is the riser because those can come in different shapes and sizes. Besides the keyboard being too large, what are other examples of where this would be needed?

2-Allow the ability to add something more than performer name.

You can add a photo of each performer. After adding the photo, you can zoom it into their face, which is good because it won't be very large on the stage plot. Then the sound man can see who's who and address people by name during sound check.

3-Requesting the following icons added for the tool:
-electronic drum pad (something like a roland octopad)

I'll make a note of that.

-it would be nice to have mic stands, including straight and boom.

I think icons for these look bizarre when I've seen them in other apps, but I'll think of other ways to indicate that. Meanwhile, you can include it in the individual mic labels, or in the notes (e.g., "Lead singer needs a straight stand, everyone else gets a boom stand").

-some sort of rack case (resizable square with some additional detail)  I use this for synths

Would those be connected to inputs?

-an actual guitar and bass.  Having multiple amps on the plot then having to read the notes to see who the guitar player is vs the bass player is not very effective.  In another example, the keyboard player also plays guitar but goes direct.  Just putting a small rectangle with DI in it wouldn't be as effective as putting a guitar next to the keys with the DI.

You could label the amps like "guitar amp," "bass amp," etc. You can also label the inputs like "mic for guitar amp," etc. The app deliberately does not include icons for small instruments that a performer would carry with them onto the stage.

-Would be nice to be able to add a graphic for a band logo.  Not critical but the crew prints these out and having something that directs them who this is for would be nice.

That's on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you.