Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Selectief recording without playing immediatly

Started by Awash (drums), July 21, 2017, 11:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awash (drums)

Hi, I need some feedback. In my layout I have the recording icon so I can easy and quick look up reference-recordings from rehearsels. When I hit the icon the first recording always start to play - but that not always the track I need to hear. I have been going throug the options but I think I am overlooking something. Is there a possibility to hit the icon but a recording will only start after selecting a song in the list that appears after hitting/selecting the recording button? Probably this can be fixed  in this great app.

arlo

Are you tapping and holding the icon, to show the popup menu for selecting from among the attached recordings?

If you're doing that and the recording is still playing at the start of the tap, that means you have Settings > Audio & MIDI > Low Latency Recordings turned on. That setting triggers the recording playback at the start of a tap, so the icon can't distinguish between a short tap and a tap-and-hold. Consequently, you can only play the first recording when that setting is on.

Awash (drums)

Hi, and yes I use it as you mentioned. I've been playing around with both setting (on and off) but did not notice difference between the settings. It was a long day, perhaps my sences are running down 😁. Will try it later again. Thanks for your explanation.