Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

GUI of iOS-App depending on chosen account-type

Started by Chris, July 26, 2017, 08:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Dear Arlo,
not sure whether this is the right forum area to post but I did not quite find it fitting in any of the above nor did I find a similar topic when searching previous posts...
I started using the Bandhelper-Account and -app just today and it definitely is a change to SLM but in a good way. I am already eager to "implementing" all my band-mates (be aware that I might have other questions arising in the next weeks  ::) though).

Anyway I realized that the Bandhelper-App is showing all menu-items which are possible in general even I am using the basic account only.
Would it be possible instead to make any item but Repertoire and Settings invisible in the app unless a pro account is activated?

Best Regards
Chris

arlo

I'll add this to my wish list, but I like to keep them there to remind people that the pro features are available.

Chris

Totally understand this. Maybe a compromise could be to have them grayed out. Thanks to the colors of Bandhelper, one would directly see that these need to be "activated" and therefore more clearly what options are available based on the account type :)

Best Regards
Chris

arlo

johnplanetz

I just signed up for band helper basic today, and was about to post this same request.
We don't need to be constantly reminded of the pro features, and all these non-functioning buttons are just in the way. Four out of six menu items on the page are unavailable- that's a bit much.
Please consider adding the ability to hide these in Settings / Appearance. This would be consistent with the ability to hide the Top Toolbar buttons (E.g. I hide the device linking button at the top, because I don't need it).
I can also imagine Pro account users wanting this feature - e.g. if they use the schedule and finance features, but not the contacts and stage plots, it'd be nice to hide the ones they don't use.

Thanks,
John

johnplanetz

Another option, how about replacing the four menu items with a single "Upgrade to Pro" item that takes you to a Pro Account information page. That would be less clutter for Basic users, and would be more informative when selected than the current modal popups saying "This module is only available in Pro accounts. (403)  OK".

And it'd be nice if this were done in the web interface as well.

Thanks!
John

arlo

I'll keep that idea in mind when I come back to look at this.

arlo

In the new versions released yesterday, the Pro buttons will be faded, in the apps and the website. Hopefully that helps. More info about the new version is here:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1785.0.html

johnplanetz