Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

REQ: Enhancements to the layout of shared setlists

Started by pheldal, July 30, 2017, 12:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pheldal

I would like the ability to add column-headers and band-name to the page-header of these lists. Sometimes it would also be nice to be able to add the setlists notes-field to the end of the list, as a sort of footer. All of these could be selectable options, by default not affecting the current default layout.

Reason:

I use shared lists (html or pdf) to share information with the audio-engineer and others involved on stage. My lists contain not only the title of songs, but also information about what instruments are used, who is the lead singer etc. These lists would look a lot less confusing electronically with headers. as well as more professional on paper if I didn't have to scribble down column-headers on the paper before handing it the soundman.

At festivals etc with lots of artists it would also be an advantage to people involved if the page title would/could include the band name. For example a checkbox in the shared-list layout for whether the band-name should be included.

Setlist-notes do sometimes contain information that would be useful to the people handling audio and stage lighting.

Chris

Quote from: pheldal on July 30, 2017, 12:04:54 AM
All of these could be selectable options, by default not affecting the current default layout.

+1 for this idea.

And - as I did not clearly read this in below post - allow to save different layouts for shared setlists so one could generate a "band setlist", a "tech setlist" or even different setlists for a section within the band (brass, rhythm, vocals).

Best regards,
Chris

arlo

I would like the ability to add column-headers and band-name to the page-header of these lists. Sometimes it would also be nice to be able to add the setlists notes-field to the end of the list, as a sort of footer. All of these could be selectable options, by default not affecting the current default layout.

I'll put this on my wish list. For the band name, could that be an option that replaces the set list name? Then you could print a version with the band name for the venue staff and a version with the event name for your own band, without taking an extra line of space on the page.

And - as I did not clearly read this in below post - allow to save different layouts for shared setlists so one could generate a "band setlist", a "tech setlist" or even different setlists for a section within the band (brass, rhythm, vocals).

This is already on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you.

lynnoel

Another vote for this feature. I love the permalink HTML shared set list, and I've trained my bands to use it instead of emailing a new PDF after every rehearsal (soooo sick of "wait, which one is the final?" that this is why I bought BandHelper in the first place).

However, I lead several groups, and as soon as I started using BandHelper for the second one, the first band complained that I'd messed up their shared set list link. Sure enough, the custom fields I'd used to differentiate between the groups don't distinguish, so everything I put on the shared set list was visible to both groups. In the short term I had to combine some custom fields and retag a bunch of songs, but this doesn't leverage custom fields to full advantage.

I'd also love to be able to make separate HTML set lists for the accompanist, sound engineer, &c with extra fields.

arlo

However, I lead several groups, and as soon as I started using BandHelper for the second one, the first band complained that I'd messed up their shared set list link. Sure enough, the custom fields I'd used to differentiate between the groups don't distinguish, so everything I put on the shared set list was visible to both groups. In the short term I had to combine some custom fields and retag a bunch of songs, but this doesn't leverage custom fields to full advantage.

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you submit a help ticket for this and describe it using a specific example from your account?

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia/add.html

arlo

In the new app version released today, on the Share Set List page, you can turn on Use Project Name to show the project (band) name instead of the set list name, you can turn on Labels to show a label above each column, and you can turn on Set List Notes to add the notes at the end of the set list.