Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Document suffixes added when imported

Started by GuitarForLife, August 11, 2017, 04:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarForLife

I have just started using Bandhelper after being a SetList Maker user. I regularly edit the documents that are attached to songs to fine tune the arrangements, and in the past I have found it very easy with Set List Maker to replace old documents by using the ITunes File Sharing add/sync process. I add the edited document and it replaces the original that is attached to SLM.
When I started using Bandhelper I used the' import from SLM process' to bring across all my songs, and documents using the zip file method. The import worked well.
I have just noticed in ITunes in File Sharing that all these documents in the Bandhelper App, have a suffix added to them eg "Springsteen - Born to Run - T29Xf3.pdf"  I have attached a screen dump of this.  As I did not add this suffix "T29Xf3", I can only assume that Bandhelper or ITunes has done this.  My problem is that when I edit the document  "Springsteen - Born to Run.pdf" and add it again through ITunes, it does not replace the song as the two names are now different. I just end up with a duplicate.
Can you please explain what has happened and why these suffixes have been added - (Note that correct name is showing for the document in the online Bandhelper)?  Is there a solution that you can offer please?

arlo

The suffixes allow BandHelper to distinguish between different documents that might have the same name but in different accounts.

Are you editing your documents on your computer or on your mobile device?

GuitarForLife

Hi Arlo, in the past when using SLM, I used the ITunes File Sharing add/sync process on my computer to update them. I liked that process as it automatically replaced the previous version that was held in SLM. From your comment below, I guess I cant do that any more? 

arlo

There are easier ways to do it in BandHelper. If you tell me where you're editing your documents -- on your computer or your mobile device -- I'll tell you the easiest way.

GuitarForLife

arlo

In that case you can log into the BandHelper website, go to Repertoire > Documents, click Edit for the document you want to update, select the updated document file and click Save. Then the file will sync to all your devices.