Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Bizarre behaviour when using bluetooth

Started by wakevortex, August 12, 2017, 01:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakevortex

Hi Arlo
had a disastrous experience in my second outing with the app last night.
I use a Lucas Nano PA which uses bluetooth to connect the IPAD mixer to the pa, AND also to deliver audio to a dedicated channel from the iPad (if needed- I don't use this- i use an audio cable )
Just clutching at straws here, but the iPad  was sending bandhelper (audio to the wrong mixer channel (impossible as there is only one bluetooth channel !!! ) and more importantly, after I restarted the app..my usual LAYOUT settings had disappeared. I mean the list of saved settings had changed.
in fact about half the default layout settings had gone with it ..
I couldn't for the life of me get it back - even with rollback ...all seemed normal ..
had to abandon it and use my old laptop
Now today, at home, NOTHING is wrong...all works perfectly on the iPad

so question...does the app use bluetooth in any way that could have been getting confused with my mixers bluetooth stuff, and corrupting it...long shot I know but there is NO rhyme or reason why these bizarre things were happening
Any help MUCH appreciated
Im not going mad , but am stumped here !

Thanks

Bill P

arlo

For the audio, the only way an iPad would have access to individual channels on your PA would be if the PA advertises more that one Bluetooth input, and you connected to the wrong one. I've never heard of a device that does this, but I think it's possible. Normally an audio receiver would just have one destination that the iPad can see, so if the audio is coming out of the wrong PA channel, it's a problem with the PA itself. You said you were using an audio cable instead of Bluetooth, but the same rule would apply -- unless the mixer has multiple inputs and you physically connected your cable to the wrong one, this can't be a problem with apps on the iPad.

For the layouts, were you using your iPad in a different orientation (portrait or landscape) than normal? Layouts are matched to the screen size and orientation, so the list will change when you rotate your device. That's the only reason I can think of for layouts to disappear and reappear again.

wakevortex

Thanks Arlo ..bizarrely the mixer only has 1 switchable bluetooth input...I know it sounds odd what occurred ....ghost in the machine indeed....! will do some troubleshooting on that
Bingo..I had no idea layouts disappeared when turning the orientation...in my panic to get it all working I did indeed have it in a different orientation !
Thanks for solving that one !
How do I delete layouts I will never use , so only the ones I want  stay visible?

thanks again

Bill P

arlo

To delete unused layouts, you can go to Repertoire > Layouts > [layout name] > Edit Details and then click the trash icon in the bottom toolbar.

wakevortex

Got it ..thanks a lot...sorted the disappearing act now anyway :-)

Bill P