Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Layouts - how do I use my old layouts on my new iPad Pro?

Started by Erawal, November 12, 2017, 04:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erawal

Hello,
I just got a new iPad Pro 10.5 inch and would like to use or adapt the layouts that I had set up for my old iPad Air. But when I edited the old layout and saved it with a new title, BandHelper didn't seem to recognize it as a layout for my new iPad Pro.  It does not show up as a choice when I go to view my set lists and smart lists. The newly titled layout still appears next to the other layouts that were formatted for the old iPad.

My question is — how can I use one or more of my old layouts as a template to set up a new layout for the slightly larger iPad?

Alternatively, I could start from scratch and create new Layouts, but I have always had trouble figuring out how to do that.  For instance,when I tap on the blank screen,I do not see any option for adding the lyrics to one side of the page,and the song list on the other side of the page.  I'm sorry if that seems elementary, but I just can't find options for anything except adding buttons or certain fields

Thanks for any help you can provide. I wish it were possible to look at a library of layout templates to get ideas for how other people have set their systems up, and to then use those templates as a starting point for my own layouts. 

Thanks!

—erawal

arlo

I just got a new iPad Pro 10.5 inch and would like to use or adapt the layouts that I had set up for my old iPad Air. But when I edited the old layout and saved it with a new title, BandHelper didn't seem to recognize it as a layout for my new iPad Pro.  It does not show up as a choice when I go to view my set lists and smart lists. The newly titled layout still appears next to the other layouts that were formatted for the old iPad.

When you copy a layout, the new copy should be sized for the current device. If that's not working, please submit a help ticket so I can see your setup.

Alternatively, I could start from scratch and create new Layouts, but I have always had trouble figuring out how to do that.  For instance,when I tap on the blank screen,I do not see any option for adding the lyrics to one side of the page,and the song list on the other side of the page.  I'm sorry if that seems elementary, but I just can't find options for anything except adding buttons or certain fields

After tapping the screen, you can choose Other > Document Viewer or Other > Song List.

I wish it were possible to look at a library of layout templates to get ideas for how other people have set their systems up, and to then use those templates as a starting point for my own layouts. 

I started a thread for that long ago, but nobody has contributed to it.  :(

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1093.0.html

Erawal

Thanks for the quick response. I don't know how I could have missed the "other" choice for adding song list and document viewer to the layout —sorry about that, and thanks for the info.

At the risk of showing I have missed some other obvious button — how do I copy a layout, and save my modified version under a new name without replacing the original layout?  I did not see that in the tutorial.

Thanks,
Erawal

Uwe

The copy button is down on the right.
I did the samefrom ipad 3 to iPad Pro, works without a flaw