Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Suggestion - Song count on Songs view

Started by JerryK, August 23, 2017, 04:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryK

It can be tedious to count the number of songs available in a Project.  A simple counter (and maybe total time) like in Set Lists would be helpful.

arlo

Where (at what point in your workflow) would that be useful? Can you describe the situation?

JerryK

Choose a project, choose 'Songs', see a counter and total duration at the top of the list or maybe and 'info' button to reveal such information.  Maybe more, such as recently edited and added songs and who did them.
Thanks Arlo
J

Zionplayer

I do have a "song list" set list that contains all of our cover songs.  Was more to provide PDF to clients for events, in case they wanted something not in current rotation.  As a set list it gives me number of songs and total time. 

arlo

Quote from: JerryK on August 28, 2017, 02:37:54 AM
Choose a project, choose 'Songs', see a counter and total duration at the top of the list or maybe and 'info' button to reveal such information.

This doesn't tell me how this would be useful or in what situation you would use it.

Quote from: Zionplayer on August 28, 2017, 03:55:46 AM
I do have a "song list" set list that contains all of our cover songs.  Was more to provide PDF to clients for events, in case they wanted something not in current rotation.  As a set list it gives me number of songs and total time. 

You could also make a smart list containing all your active songs (or songs filtered some other way), and get stats from that. Then new songs would appear in there automatically.

JerryK

It would be useful (and nice, plus perhaps a sense of achievement) to see how much repertoire I have available in each of my projects.  I have 4 projects (actually 5 but "All Songs" are in the 5th).
Yes, I can create a set list and add all the songs to it in each of the projects but that seems unnecessarily labour-intensive.
If asked "can you do a 3-hour gig" etc, I could readily answer that question for any band.

arlo

Okay, I'll put that on my wish list for the web interface. Meanwhile, you can see the total number of songs from the Songs list in the mobile apps. You can also create a smart list as mentioned above and check that for totals.

JerryK

Thanks Arlo. Yes there's a song count in the smart lists but duration would be great too, for me