Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Bluetooth Midi

Started by wakevortex, August 27, 2017, 09:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakevortex

Hi all
I am having an issue where my IPAD sends AUDIO from band helper (as well as midi) to my TC Helicon voicelive 3 USB in (connected via lightning to mini USB cable) which I DONT want it to do

would band helper work with something like this bluetooth midi adapter , so I can stop this behaviour ?

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/accessories/md-bt01/index.html

thanks in advance

Bill P

arlo

Yes, BandHelper will work with the Yamaha wireless (Bluetooth) MIDI adapter.

Another option is to turn on Settings > Audio & MIDI > Multi-Route Output and then override the output back to Headphone if that's what you want.

wakevortex

Perfect thanks !
the multi route option is an interesting one...will look at that

appreciate it !

Bill P

wakevortex

It seems the iPad gives an either/OR if USB is connected AND 3.5 jack....
USB and headphones appear as multi route output , but only one works at a time (the last one plugged in )
It seems it doesn't like both being there !
FYI the Music (iTunes) app on the iPad does the same thing...it gives only one choice depending on what was plugged in last

not sure if you are aware of this behaviour....seems my only workaround (reliably) is to disconnect USB and use bluetooth midi for program changes !

Bill P

arlo

Okay, I was assuming the VoiceLive was acting as a real audio interface, which would enable the possibility of multi-route audio. But if it's just taking the iPad audio from the Lightning jack, that does disable the headphone jack and there's no way apps can change that behavior. To work around that, you'd need to connect a USB MIDI interface between the iPad and the VoiceLive rather than using a direct USB connection (or use the wireless MIDI interface as you suggested).

wakevortex

Thanks Arlo...have ordered the Yamaha Bluetooth midi interface, hopefully that should sort it !
Cheers

Bill P