Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

New field for leadsheet

Started by Uwe, August 29, 2017, 03:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uwe

Hi,
I'd like to propose a new field in songs that can be used for leadsheet.
Could be free text (we are using notes right now) or structured text (verse, refrain, bridge, intro, outro, solo etc.) with the option to define the structured text (like in set names).

In a next step the structured text fields could be buttons to send commands (like midi) to devices.
Just fantasizing.....

What do you think?
Cheers
Uwe

arlo

I think what you're asking for can be done with existing functionality. First, add a MIDI preset for each MIDI command that you want to send during a song and attach it to that song in the desired order. You can name the presets to describe the MIDI command, like "Overdrive boost," or to describe the place in the song, like "Solo." Then, customize a layout to add the Multiple MIDI Buttons item, either to the song list or to the song detail area. Then when you view the song, you'll see a   labeled MIDI button for each preset attached to that song.

Uwe

Sorry for making myself not clear enough....

I am asking for a list that contains the structure of the song, like

Intro
Refrain
Refrain
Chorus
Refrain
Bridge
Refrain
Refrain
Solo Git
Outro

MIDI is not involved here.
Hope this made the request clearer.

arlo

You said, "In a next step the structured text fields could be buttons to send commands (like midi) to devices." What else would you want to do with this list? Do you mean it's just non-functional text for display only?

Uwe

Yes, indeed.
It's important (in my band) to have some documentation how we play a song.
So I'd be happy to have just a list like I stated above.

Right now we do use the the annotations with unstructured text which works alright for us.
It just would be nicer to have a separate field for this.

arlo

Okay. Have you considered using the Notes or Chords fields, or are you using those for something else?

The Chords field can only display above the lyrics and can be hidden; the Notes field can display anywhere on the screen or can be accessed with the Notes button.

Uwe

Yes, that's what I meant with 'annotations'.
I do use the notes field, but it's some sort of multipurpose right now, which is not that good.

The chords field is used strictly for, well, chords....