Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

HELP! Midi-problem with SLM / changing programs!

Started by eptupala, September 18, 2017, 11:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eptupala

Hello!

I'm having a problem with Roland Fantom G6 when trying to change a program via midi & SLM. I have the SLM running and a usb-midi adapter-cable plugged in the Fantom. The screenshots for helping to explane the problem can be found here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm938XMg

The Fantom just doesn't co-operate or take commands. The midi cable has a led light which indicates that the signal is sent, but it doesn't do anything.. In the pictures I have the setups with the devices. I also found a midi-controlling guide from roland and I did as it said. The midi-address of the wanted patch is located under the patch list, and those numbers are identical to my midi-preset in SLM.

The path I'm trying to run in this example is following: I'm in the first patch of the Live-mode, and I'm trying to get to the 8th slot. The cables are correctly, the numbers are correct, the channel should be correct, but only thing I'm wondering is the Device ID on the fantom.. it can be valued between 17-32, and the SLM doesn't have any kind of slot for that.. could it be the missing link?

Am I missing something, I really don't have a clue where to find any answers..

Thank you so much for help!

arlo

Please send a preset, then click the MIDI icon in the top toolbar to show the MIDI activity log. Does the outgoing data there match what you expect it to be?

If so -- and if nobody on this forum can offer specific help with your keyboard -- I'd try a Roland forum and ask what else you need to do besides sending the data you see in the activity log.

eptupala

The info in the activity log is following: Sending data [B2, 00, 54, B2 20, 00, C2, 08] to port USB MIDI interface.

I have no clue about the info of that code, though, just learning midi atm.

-EP

arlo

That's the bank MSB, bank LSB and program change, sent on channel 3. So I think the next step is to verify with Roland, or a Roland-savvy user, if that is indeed what you need to send, or if it needs something else sent, or some other settings on the Roland itself.

eptupala

Yeah, I guess so.. Thanks for the help! Maybe I'll find an answer from the Roland-side of the road. :D

-EP