Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Is there a setting to make this happen?

Started by Graeme Hague, September 25, 2017, 02:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graeme Hague

Hi everyone, let's say I forget to hit the auto scroll button, and halfway through the song I get a chance to manually shift the screen. Is there a way this action can trigger the auto scroll to start? If I also manage to hit the auto scroll icon (instead) and there's a pre-roll programmed, it still counts through that first. I just want to grab the screen, hopefully get close to where I want in the song, and the auto scroll "figures out" where I am in the song, starts automatically and continues the scroll.

Thanks!

arlo

Hi everyone, let's say I forget to hit the auto scroll button, and halfway through the song I get a chance to manually shift the screen. Is there a way this action can trigger the auto scroll to start?

No, there's no way to start auto-scrolling from a manual scroll. I'm afraid it would be confusing to users if the app did that.

If I also manage to hit the auto scroll icon (instead) and there's a pre-roll programmed, it still counts through that first.

I could change the recalculation that happens when you manually scroll after auto-scrolling is started to take the pre-roll into account. That seems more of an expected behavior. I'll put that on my wish list.

I'd also suggest using the song selection actions on the Layouts > [layout name] > Edit Details page to start auto-scrolling automatically when you select a song (or on the second selection, if you want to look at the song for a moment before starting it) so you don't forget to start it.

Graeme Hague

Quote from: arlo on September 25, 2017, 09:32:02 AM
No, there's no way to start auto-scrolling from a manual scroll. I'm afraid it would be confusing to users if the app did that.

I could change the recalculation that happens when you manually scroll after auto-scrolling is started to take the pre-roll into account. That seems more of an expected behavior. I'll put that on my wish list.

I'd also suggest using the song selection actions on the Layouts > [layout name] > Edit Details page to start auto-scrolling automatically when you select a song (or on the second selection, if you want to look at the song for a moment before starting it) so you don't forget to start it.

Thanks Arlo, it was only a bit of a detail. Otherwise, the app's working great. Thanks.

arlo

In the new app versions released today, auto-scrolling will kick in right away if you manually scroll down during the pre-roll:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html