Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Feature request for set list shortcuts

Started by ekimtoor1, October 11, 2017, 03:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ekimtoor1

I have started having band members login as read only users to the app on their devices.

Once logged in, there are six screens to navigate before you finally get to the set list. Explaining these and which selections to make and getting them to remember all that is now my biggest problem.

Could a shortcut system be added to the account screen that would take you directly to a set list/layout in one tap?  This would greatly simplify getting to the right set list rapidly.

arlo

A function for bookmarks within the app is on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you.

Meanwhile, here are the steps:

1) Click your account name - most users only belong to one account, but even if multiple, this should be an easy choice
2) Click your project name - if users only belong to one project, this choice doesn't appear, and if multiple, users should know which project to choose (e.g., the band name)
3) Click "Repertoire" - maybe they need to learn that; hopefully the music icon is a good clue
4) Click "Set Lists" - seems obvious if they want to view a set list
5) Click the desired set list name - depending on how many set lists you have and how you named them, this might be confusing, but usually not
6) Click the desired layout name - this is the part that I can imagine needs some explanation, but you could advise them to try each layout and use the one they like best, or rename one with your band name and tell them to use that, or disable all the layouts but one

Where do you see them getting confused?

ekimtoor1

I have two bands and they are all just generally confused and annoyed with all the menu picking.  They are a bunch of whiny morons :)  But I have to deal with all that and the shortcuts or bookmarks would really help me a lot in rolling this out.

Uwe

This is absolutely correct.
I am in the same situation and have a icon on the desktop that gets you to a setlist and a specific layout would ease things and get some more acceptance.

Don't forget:
Most of us are still struggling to get those stacks of scores and other papers for every member