Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Assignable multiple midi buttons for layouts

Started by Uwe, October 13, 2017, 10:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uwe

Hi,
As I am making good progress with implementing our Lightshow into Bandhelper per midi and automation, it gets more and more urgent to have a number of assigned midi control buttons.

The menu that opens up when holding down the midi button is far to slow and inconvenient for live gigs.

To give an example:
In every song we need the following commands:

• Start Lightshow (can be done with automation)
  • Next step in Lightshow (can only be done by automation after fixed periods of time, no use in a lot of songs, as the band never plays to the second exactly)
  • all lights off (used for end of song, see above)
  • all lights white on, same as above

These are the buttons I would need in the layout for the person (must have descriptive text) who manages the lights from stage.

Cheers Uwe

arlo

First, instead of using the single MIDI Button with the popup menu, you can add Multiple MIDI Buttons to your layout and then you will see a labeled button for each preset.

Second, in the next app version coming soon, you will be able to attach MIDI presets to a layout and then they will be visible when viewing any song in that layout. So if you want to access the same presets from every song, you can attach them at the layout level instead.

Uwe

The multiple MIDI buttons list is not really an option here.

Reason:
- the buttons (lines) are far to small for live use
- there are all midi commands used in the song in this list, I just want to see those that are manually operated
- the list is automatically sorted by alphabet.

If you think about the example I have given above, you will see that this is not practical.

I am really exited about the new options, sounds very interesting.

arlo

- the buttons (lines) are far to small for live use

You can tap the button icon or anywhere on the text label; that makes the target pretty large.

- there are all midi commands used in the song in this list, I just want to see those that are manually operated

Do you have one person who's only operating the lights? In that case, you could make one song that only includes these lighting controls and that person could just view that one song.

- the list is automatically sorted by alphabet.

No, it's displayed in the order you set when you attach the presets.

Uwe

Quote from: arlo on October 14, 2017, 02:49:44 AM
You can tap the button icon or anywhere on the text label; that makes the target pretty large.
just can tell, what the person operating the lights says (bassplayer)

Do you have one person who's only operating the lights? In that case, you could make one song that only includes these lighting controls and that person could just view that one song.
sort of.., normally it's the bassplayer, but not always. It's tricky for small bands.

ok. Thanks. Could do as a workaround.
But I have to delete all midi commands and deselect them for each song?
And the initial commands (for selecting sound on keys and guitar and lights) would still be in the top of the list.

This is how it could look:

arlo

But I have to delete all midi commands and deselect them for each song?
And the initial commands (for selecting sound on keys and guitar and lights) would still be in the top of the list.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking here.

This is how it could look

I'll put that on my wish list; there's nothing like that now.

Uwe

Quote from: arlo on October 14, 2017, 02:49:44 AM
I could get the midi cmds in a individual order by selecting them in the order that i like.

Quote from: arlo on October 16, 2017, 08:52:53 AM
Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking here.
Never mind.....

arlo

Since app version 3.3 last June, the Multiple MIDI Buttons are now resizable. Sorry for the delayed reply. Maybe you already found this.

Nordi

Hi Uwe and Arlo

Maybe it is possible the ,,new" Midipreset can be programmed to send always  the same ,,Note on" (for Uwe i think Note 101 ,,next step") and it will be a dream the preset can be linked to an airturn footswitch. So the next step of the lihtshow can be choose with only one footstep.

The best off all is, that will be very helpfull for my band too 😊

Cheers