Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Resize (rescale) lyric font w/o pinch-zoom?

Started by iguana, October 19, 2017, 06:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iguana

Is there a way to rescale the lyric font w/o using a pinch-zoom gesture?

I ask, as pinch-zoom does not work on my system. I'm using an older PC laptop, configured to run Android (7.1) - it was a relatively cheap way to get a large screen. However, it lacks a touch screen, and the touch pad does not do multi-touch. The normal way to get around this is to do a double-click and drag gesture, except the double-click gets interpreted as the full screen toggle first, and the subsequent drag gets lost...

I have also read in one of the threads that the lyric font scale gets set from the height of the lyric widget in layout edit. On my system, it is getting set from the width of the lyric widget - I'm guessing that has something to do with the screen being in portrait orientation? Obviously, I can get to the font size I would like, but it makes the widget ridiculously narrow...

So, back to my original question - is there another way to rescale the lyric font? And if not, I'd like to contribute a feature request...

arlo

Is there a way to rescale the lyric font w/o using a pinch-zoom gesture?

No.

The normal way to get around this is to do a double-click and drag gesture, except the double-click gets interpreted as the full screen toggle first, and the subsequent drag gets lost...

The double-click to full-screen is only active in the middle of the document viewer. What happens if you double-click off to one side?

I have also read in one of the threads that the lyric font scale gets set from the height of the lyric widget in layout edit. On my system, it is getting set from the width of the lyric widget

I'm not sure where you read about scaling to the height -- it is in fact scaled to the width.

iguana

Quote from: arlo on October 19, 2017, 06:57:26 PM
The double-click to full-screen is only active in the middle of the document viewer. What happens if you double-click off to one side?

Went back and tried it all over the screen - doesn't seem to matter where the double-click happens (with or without a subsequent drag) - as long as the cursor is in the document viewer, a double-click will toggle full screen mode.

The behavior is a little weird, in that a double-click-and-drag will initiate the zoom gesture and I can change the text size. However, after about half (3/4?) of a second, the double-click part of the gesture takes over and full screen is toggled. Regardless of whether or not I release the mouse button before the full screen toggle activates, the text size goes to what it was when the gesture was initiated - i.e., I lose the text size change that happens in that fraction of a second.

I also tried hooking up a mouse, but the Android mouse driver does not appear to support using the wheel as a zoom control in any permutation.

I found a workaround - I installed BH on my droid phone and can adjust the lyric scale from there. A bit of trial and error to get the size right for the laptop but it works well enough.

(And note to self: do not edit the song on both devices at the same time. Bad things happen.)

arlo

Went back and tried it all over the screen - doesn't seem to matter where the double-click happens (with or without a subsequent drag) - as long as the cursor is in the document viewer, a double-click will toggle full screen mode.

You might try this again in the next app version, because I know from having just worked on that code that the full-screen toggle is only activated from the center area of the document viewer. However, a double-click anywhere else might still be consumed by the app and not passed to the operating system.

(And note to self: do not edit the song on both devices at the same time. Bad things happen.)

I think the worst that would happen is that you'd get a prompt asking which device's changes to keep.

iguana

Quote from: arlo on October 20, 2017, 08:42:32 AM
I think the worst that would happen is that you'd get a prompt asking which device's changes to keep.

It somehow corrupted the BH database on the phone, causing the app to crash when I went into the Repertoire module. (Didn't try going into any other modules.) Solved by clearing the app's data and cache.

Granted, this may have had nothing to do with editing the same document on both devices at the same time. Just that the app on the phone first crashed when I was doing that, and every subsequent time I went into the app, it crashed.