Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Having trouble creating specific layout

Started by thoseguys, October 25, 2017, 10:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thoseguys

Hi there,

I've never really done a lot of playing around with the layout editor, and after opening it today I've noticed how crazy powerful it seems to be. However, there's a particular layout I'm trying to create that I haven't been able to figure out how to make, probably just because I'm new to this.

When we print our set lists, we usually have them printed in landscape format with the song number, the title, and the key/starting pitch (we're an a cappella band) on each row. Trying to base the layout off the "list only" option, it shows the key/starting pitch under the song title in smaller print. Is there any way to have the key show up at the end of the row? This would allow us to use the iPad as a "digital setlist".

I've attached a PDF of what our printed set lists usually look like, to give you an idea of what I'm hoping to accomplish.

Thank you!

arlo

Here are two ways to get not exactly what you want but something that should do the job:

1) Go to Repertoire > Layouts > [layout name] > Edit Layout, then tap the song list, and tap its options button in the top right corner. Increase Song Details Size. Then close the popup and go back to the set list view. This will keep the key (and other selected info) on a second line below the song title, but will increase its size.

2) Go to Repertoire > Layouts > [layout name] > Edit Layout, then tap the song list, and drag its resize button in the bottom right corner to make it smaller. Then in the empty area of the layout, click and select Fields > Key. Then resize the field you just added. Then go back to the set list view. This will display the key (and any other info you want to add) for the currently selected song in a large size next to the set list.