Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

ChordPro Syntax issues

Started by dixongexpat, January 19, 2018, 12:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dixongexpat

ChordPro 'comment' fields don't seem to be recognized. I thought this was supposed to work in BandHelper?

arlo

Do you mean when importing a ChordPro file, or when putting ChordPro formatting into the Lyrics field?

dixongexpat

Quote from: arlo on January 19, 2018, 01:13:12 PM
Do you mean when importing a ChordPro file, or when putting ChordPro formatting into the Lyrics field?

Both! None of the ChordPro fields with curly braces seem to be interpreted by the app (either iOS or Android).

dixongexpat

an example (attached)

arlo

At first I thought you meant this kind of comment:

# Hello world!

Those are imported into the Notes field.

BandHelper doesn't have a function comparable to comments like this:

{comment:Chorus}

Although I suppose it could just apply bold to that text. Would that be useful?

This would only be when importing. Once the file is imported, the only ChordPro functionality supported in the Lyrics field is positioning chords with square brackets. This is because BandHelper has its own functions for metadata, formatting, etc.

dixongexpat

I'm just trying to streamline the process. I haven't found an easy way to find/download song lyrics/chords other than one at a time. Unfortunately they are full of curly braces. If BandHelper doesn't parse those, I'll just have to remove them or convert them into all caps or something.

arlo

I'll add to my wish list to parse those tags and change them to bold. Meanwhile, yes, you could delete the curly braces and apply bold to the text yourself. I expect the lyrics are still readable before you change those, so you could work through them at your leisure, and of course it would be faster to do from the website.

arlo

Tags like {Comment:Chorus} are now supported with yesterday's release:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html

They will be imported as bold text.