Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Archiving Set Lists

Started by chuskey, November 07, 2017, 12:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuskey

This may have been asked before, but is there a way to archive setlists?  As time goes my list of set lists is starting to fill up and get cluttered.  However I do like to be able to keep them for reference and may occasionally need to reimport some of them. For instance there are times when a band I play with may decide to do a set list that we played a month or so ago. 

Is there a simple way of doing this?

Thanks!

arlo

Are you adding a date to your set lists (in Basic accounts) or adding them to events (in Pro accounts)? If so, older set lists will just move down the list automatically because the set lists are sorted newest to oldest by default.

chuskey

Thanks for the reply.  There were several that I didn't have a date assigned to, and I didn't pay attention to it ordering them by date.  That makes sense and will help me keep them in order.  I'll just go back and put a date in for all of them and that will tidy things up nicely.

Thanks!

arlo

In the new app version released today, all undated set lists will appear first, followed by all future set lists, and then all past set lists will automatically be placed into folder for each past year.

psalisko

Hi Arlo,

I just started to create events (as well in the past) and link them to the respective setlist. Will the older ones from the previous years automatically moved into a yearly archive folder (e.g. 2018, 2019) right now or will this just happen once when moving from 2020 into 2021?

Thanks,

Peter

arlo

They will reorganize immediately when you add or change the date.

jamkeys

Would be cool to be able to make set lists active/inactive like songs- and show/hide using that as a filter.

arlo

Would you use that to permanently hide things you're done with, or temporarily deactivate and later reactivate things whose usage varies over time?

jamkeys

For me personally I have certain setlists for specific fill-ins so whenever they come around we just play that set.  But knowing that I can just put dates on the old ones to burry in "year" folders is helpful.

arlo

Okay, I'll put that on my wish list.

Also, the year folders were removed with the Nov. 14, 2021 release, to make searching and sorting more intuitive. Instead, you will see a divider line between future and past set lists, and search filters to show only future set lists, only dated set lists (hiding the undated set lists) or only set lists with a selected color.