Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

switch off Bracketed-Chords-function?

Started by joepno, November 08, 2017, 08:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joepno

Is that possible?
Background is that I have chord or verse repititionss included   as
e.g. [Verse 1]
Now my color coding is overwritten by the chord symbol's color
and the brackets are hidden...
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

arlo

Do you want text in square brackets to be completely unchanged? Then do you also have chords and are they bracketed or not?

joepno

yes, completely unchanged.
I don't have chords in brackets at all, just plain chords  in the previous row.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

arlo

If the bracketed text is hidden, you must have hid it with the Hide Bracketed Chords button in the document tools menu. You can show it again by clicking the tools icon and selecting Show Bracketed Chords.

Then change Settings > Appearance > Bracketed Chords to inline and they won't be moved.

If you want to use the Settings > Appearance > Chords Color function, though, you will have to either stop using brackets completely, or use them for all your chords. Set List Maker assumes that if anything is in square brackets, then all your chords are in square brackets. In other words, it won't recognize chords that aren't bracketed if anything is bracketed.

In your case I think it would be best to use something other than square brackets for your directions -- change [Verse 1] to /Verse 1/, for example. Or just put that text in bold. Square brackets have a special meaning and that will work against you if you're using them to mean something else.