Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Export, Import

Started by lonetech, November 08, 2017, 06:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonetech

Since I upgraded, I have been able to export and import databases between my two Samsung Galaxy tab A 9.7 tablets. Today I received an 8"  one, and I installed Setlist maker. When I exported  my databases and then attempted to import them into the new unit, an error message appeared saying that "this doesn't appear to be a valid data file"". What is wrong  here? I tried many times , emailing and exporting, with the same results
Thanks in advance.

lonetech

I read somewhere where the databases were screen size specific, so i even loaded default layouts, and that didn't help. Help...!!

arlo

Do you have the current app version on all the devices? I think this problem might be due to a difference in app versions on your different devices.

If that's not it, please submit a help ticket and attach your exported file to the ticket:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia

lonetech

Woo, hoo...!! You were right, Arlo. It never occured to me that the app version was causing the problem. The new tablet had, of course, the latest version. Thank you, thank you...!!!

lonetech

Another question. How can I export a database for storage in a backup folder and retrieve it later, when it is likely there will be another update, and my tablet won't accept it because it was saved from an earlier version? My partner's tablet lost part of his database for some reason, and I had exported mine about a month earlier. There had been an update since then and it wouldn't accept my saved database.

arlo

It's not likely the export format will change. It has only changed once and that was shortly after the new feature was introduced and it was easy to update the old files to use them. If it changes more substantially in the future, I'll make the import function backwards compatible.

lonetech

Arlo, I just updated all of my tablets and now I can't import  the databases. I know you once told me there was something to do with .txt extensions that i had to change somehow. Could you explain that again?

arlo

What happens when you try it?

lonetech

When I export via email or Bluetooth and try to import on the other device, the files are greyed out.

lonetech

I also emailed to my partner who has the same version I do and he has the same issue.

arlo

Can you post a screen shot? If you don't want to post it publicly, please submit a help ticket.

lonetech

I finally noticed the file manager folder on the import screen, which wasn't there on previous versions. I opened it, and there were my databases. It is working now. Thanks.

arlo