Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Kemper In and Out

Started by music, November 09, 2017, 11:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

music

Meanwhile I changed some settings in the Kemper.
Setlist Maker receive midi commands, but does not change the songs.
Please see attached picture.
What goes wrong?

arlo

Good, now that you have the data coming in, you can set Settings > Remote Control > Actions > MIDI Program Number > MIDI Program Messages to Program Change. Then you can edit each song and enter the program number for the song. Then sending that program number into the app while viewing a show will select that song.

music

Unfortunately it does not work, even if I did what was described.
Setlist Maker cannot interpret the commands of the Kemper in the right way.

arlo

music

Already sent the Troubleshooting Info. But still no reply.
:(

arlo

arlo

In your screen shots above, you're sending program number 0, 4, 19 or 29, but you've only set the incoming program number for a few songs, and those are set to 0, 5 and 10. So the 0 message should select your first song, but the other messages won't select anything. Does that help?

music

Well, the selected 0, 5 and 10 are for the rigs in the performances of the Kemper.
0 should select the first rig in the first performance (there are 5 rigs in each performance).
5 should select the first rig in the second performance.
10 should select the first rig in the third performance.
It is possible to send this number (from Setlist Maker/Bandhelper) to the Kemper and the Kemper realize the right rig. This works fine.
But the Kemper does not send this kind of numbers. (f.e. 0/0/5)
It only sends one number (1-128)
And it seems that Bandhelper cannot handle this.
:-(

arlo

the Kemper does not send this kind of numbers

I see them in your screen shots ... the C0 messages are incoming program changes on channel one, and the second number is the program number.

Whatever program number the Kemper is sending, you just need to enter that number on the song edit page to select that song.

music

That's what I already did.
No changes in Bandhelper at all if I change the performances in the Kemper.
Even if Bandhelper realized the incomming commands.

arlo

From the examples shown in the screen shots, you're sending program numbers but you haven't entered those same numbers into your songs.

music

Could you tell me the exact number/names which I have to give in and tell where (in Bandhelper) I have to give in these?
And are there other settings I have to do in Bandhelper (which and where)?
Maybe this could help if you send me an exact advice.

arlo

You have to set Settings > Remote Control > Actions > MIDI Program Number > MIDI Program Messages to Program Change.

Then look in the Activity Log at one of the program change messages you sent to the app. For example, you sent C0 19 several times in your screen shot. Take the second number, 19, and convert that to decimal, 25:

http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/hex-to-decimal-converter

Then edit one of your songs, scroll down to MIDI Program Number and enter 25 into the third field.

Then view a set list that contains that song, and send the same program number you sent before, and that song should be selected.

music

Will try as soon as I have the time for it and will get back to you to report.
Thanks!!!

music

I tried.
Well, there seems to be soemthing like a redundance, a permanent repetition of midi commands between Bandhelper and Kemper.
So after switching rigs/performances in Kemper (and Bandhelper realize this change and also switches to the right song) it is impossible to switch in Kemper anymore, because the Kemper seems busy like a washing machine.
Is it possible to tell BandHelper so send commands only one time (after switching to a song) and don't send any command at all if receiving a program change from Kemper?