Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Import/Export oddities?

Started by Duffage, November 17, 2017, 01:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffage

Hello Arlo,
Export button is unresponsive. ( a quick flash...  nothing else.)
Sending the database as an email works.
Uploading the email file to iCloud and then importing into Setlist Maker works.
Cumbersome, but it works.
A saved "layout", sent to email, uploaded to iCloud, is NOT recognized when imported back into SLM.
Am I going about this the wrong way?

Steve

arlo

Duffage

arlo

So you click the button in the top toolbar and then click Export Database from the popup menu, and nothing happens? Does restarting your device fix that?

Duffage

Yes. The top right button. A drop down menu with 3 choices appears. Click "export", a timer flashes for about .5 seconds. (Looks like it did something?) Viewing the "Import" option after that, does not show the file I just tried to "export". Restart not helpful.

arlo

If you go to Shows > [show name] > Share and click the export button in the bottom toolbar, does a popup of export locations appear? That popup is generated by iOS and should be the same in both places in the app.

Duffage

Yes. Share button on bottom left, upload symbol on bottom right, locations appear and I can then export/upload a .pdf file to iCloud. However, attempts to import back in results in nothing happening.

arlo

All right, I'll need some device info to go further. Please submit a help ticket here:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia

arlo

I got your ticket. After clicking Export Database from the popup, you should see an iOS sharing window like in the attached screen shot. I don't know why that's not appearing for you, especially since it does appear when sharing a set list. I loaded your database onto an iPad Air 2 with iOS 10 and it worked fine for me, so it doesn't seem like a problem with your data.

Can you connect your device to iTunes and go to the File Sharing page and see if your database file is in there? It should start with your database name and end with the .db extension. Set List Maker will copy it there as a temp file before opening the export options and sending the file to the selected location.