Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

switch off autoscroll song list

Started by ElleBiba, November 18, 2017, 05:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElleBiba

Hi there,

I have made a new database for a new project.
There are set for every song the duration of this song. (Because to see, how long the show is.)
Since there, the songlist on the left site of my layout is scrolling after the duration to select the next song.
How can I switch OFF this feature???

In settings I have switch OFF the "automatic scroll", but without effect...

Please help!

Nice regards
Elle

arlo

Do you mean the song list gradually scrolls on its own even if you don't do anything in the app, or the song list jumps to move the current song to the top of the list whenever you change songs?

ElleBiba

Hi Arlo,

thanx for your answer.

I mean the first of your approach. The list scrolls down, when the time of one song is over, but that song is'nt played!

How can I fix it so, that the next song will selected, when the song before is played till the end, not, when his setted time is over?
But I need the time to see, how long my actuall setlist is. You know?

Nice regards and thanx a lot for your help

Elle

arlo

It sounds like you turned on Settings > General Settings > Auto-Scroll > Auto-Scroll Set List and you should turn that off.

Instead, you can set Layouts > [layout name] > Edit Details > Actions > Select Next Song to Song Completion. Then the songs will change when a recording or automation track reaches the end.

ColGal

I'm still having the above problem of the set list scrolling to the next song after the song's duration has expired even though it hasn't been played. I just want it to move to the next song in the list after I've played a song, and then wait for me to start it - no matter how long that may be. I have Settings/General Settings/Auto-Scroll - Auto-Scroll Set List turned off, Calculate Auto-Scroll Duration set to Manual, Recalculate Speed if Overriden turned off. In Layouts/(Show Name)//Edit Details I have all 'Actions' blank except Select Next Song set to Song Completion. In Shows/(Show name)/Edit Details, I have all Start Time, End Time, 'Time During/Between' settings and Default Song Duration left blank. What have I missed?

Ahiru

QuoteI just want it to move to the next song in the list after I've played a song, and then wait for me to start it - no matter how long that may be.
ColGal, in the Layout Edit Details, I think you'll want to change either Automation Start/Stop (if you're using automation) or Auto-Scroll Start/Stop (if you're just using auto-scroll) to Song Second Selection. That way the completion of the previous song will select the next song, but nothing will actually start (including a song count-down) until you tap the name of that next song (i.e., the 'second selection'). 

This works well for me when using automation with recordings; I'm not 100% sure if it solves the same issue if relying on auto-scroll and song duration, but I suspect it will based on this from the release notes for 11/14/17 - iOS version 5.2.3:

Quote- Stopped triggering song completion actions based on the song duration until the song has been selected the second time, if any song second selection actions are enabled. Also, stopped triggering song completion actions based on the song duration   for   the   first   song in the show until the song has been explicitly selected.

arlo

Quote from: Ahiru on February 19, 2018, 07:59:29 AM
ColGal, in the Layout Edit Details, I think you'll want to change either Automation Start/Stop (if you're using automation) or Auto-Scroll Start/Stop (if you're just using auto-scroll) to Song Second Selection

Agreed. Or you can change Recording Start/Stop to Song Second Selection if you're using backing tracks.

ColGal

Thank you both very much. Either method works, and also if both settings are used together.