Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

MIDI setup with Casio PX350-M

Started by Lake_guy, November 22, 2017, 09:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lake_guy

I can't get the keyboard to change to the tone I want, hoping someone might have experience with these Casio digital keyboards.

Setup:

Port - iRig MIDI 2 - this shows up in the select list.  I have tried All ports setting too but no effect.
Channel  - I have tried it with both channel 1 and channel 2.  In both cases the keyboard was set to the same channel for the tests.
Numbering - tried both settings, 0-127 and 1-128 with no effect.
Users - set to the user of the ipad
MSB - 49
LSB - 0.  In the Casio forum someone posted to not send LSB.  I have tried both 0 and no values, neither had an effect.  For that matter I don't even see LSD settings in the Casio documentation.
Program - 61[/li][/list]

I see a message gets sent from BH to the MIDI interface out port which I have confirmed is plugged into the MIDI in port on the keyboard.  Tried 2 different MIDI cables, both of which were verified are working on another app.

arlo

It sounds like everything is set up on the BandHelper side, and it's just a matter of finding out what data you need to send to the keyboard, or possibly finding a setting on the keyboard that enables incoming MIDI control. You didn't say if the keyboard does the wrong thing when receiving the message, or does nothing at all, but that would determine whether I'd focus on the specific messages sent, or finding a global setting on the keyboard to turn this functionality on.

Lake_guy

it does nothing, no difference at all.

In a post on the Casio forum it says to turn the local control to off.  I tried that and there is no volume coming from the on board speakers or through the keyboard out to the PA.  Maybe it requires a volume control via MIDI too?  But if it did that wouldn't work for us as we don't use a front of house board.

arlo

Unfortunately I don't know anything about how your keyboard works. You can click the MIDI icon in the top toolbar and look at the Activity Log to verify that BandHelper is sending out the MIDI messages that you want. If it is correctly sending the messages you set up, then you will probably need some more research to verify what messages your keyboard needs to receive.