Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Login / Web front-end perfomance slow?

Started by d_engel, November 27, 2017, 04:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_engel

Hey Arlo,

I'm new to BH but after all I have checked out so far, it may be the only tool of choice for our needs :-)

I use Safari 11.0.1 (13604.3.5) on Mac (MBP 13" Unibody Mid-2011) with OS X 10.13.1 (High Sierra). There are many interrupts and time-outs when performing several actions (e.g. log-in, batch editing, importing...). Is this issue temporary? Hopefully yes...

Best regards
Dominik from Mix:tape [Acoustic and Pop]

arlo

The website might be slower at peak times or when database backups are running, but I haven't heard of any especially slow times lately. Batch editing and importing are among the most complex tasks, so if there were a slowdown, that's where you'd see it ... logging in shouldn't be a problem. How does it work a few hours later?

d_engel

Thanks, Arlo!  :)

Quote from: arlo on November 27, 2017, 08:51:25 AM
How does it work a few hours later?

I suppose it does not depend from peak activity - it's just when I do some batch tasks (e.g. erasing eight songs at once like this: https://www.bandhelper.com/repertoire/songs_submit.html?action=batch_delete ) , I get a blank screen in my browser and nothing happens anymore. The songs still remain, un-erased.

arlo

I'll check and see if I can reproduce the problem.

arlo

I'm not seeing timeouts with batch deletions or imports. I did see a problem where sometimes when you submit a page within two seconds of loading the page, Safari aborts the submission -- but it doesn't show a blank page, it shows a "server unexpectedly dropped the connection" error message. And I think that problem is solved now. Are you still seeing problems?