Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Controlling automation via device linking

Started by RIC4001, December 14, 2017, 08:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIC4001

I'd like to start automation on another band members ipad when mine starts. I have a Pageflip pedal I use to change songs and to start automation on my device.

I've linked mine and the other band members tablets, and his does follow my song changes. However, automation will not start on his. Is this possible to do?

Mine is an Android tablet and his an iPad. Linked through a dedicated wireless router.

arlo

Yes, on the slave device you can set Repertoire > Layouts > [layout name] > Edit Details > Actions > Automation Start/Stop to Song Selection.

RIC4001

I wasn't clear I guess. Song selection and automation start are two separate foot switches. I don't want automation to start on song selection.

On both master and slave, Repertoire > Layouts > [layout name] > Edit Details > Actions > Automation Start/Stop, nothing is selected.

On both master and slave, Settings > Remote Control > Actions > Automation Start/Stop > 3/Down Arrow.

arlo

To select the song, then start the automation track later, you could change the automation foot switch to trigger the Reselect Current Song action. Then set Repertoire > Layouts > [layout name] > Edit Details > Actions > Automation Start/Stop to Song Second Selection on both devices. When you push the "reselect" foot switch, that song selection will be transmitted to the slave device and will trigger the automation track on both devices.

RIC4001

RIC4001

Device linking should work between Set List Maker on a iPad, and Bandhelper running on an Android tablet correct? We're both connected over WiFi, but neither device finds the other.

arlo

No, you can't do device linking between BandHelper and Set List Maker. You'd need to use the same product on all your devices.