Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Automatic insertion of a period punctuation mark when inserting spaces in chords

Started by Mr. K. Ross "Kim" Gardner, December 13, 2017, 07:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. K. Ross "Kim" Gardner

IPad does an automatic insertion of a period punctuation mark when inserting spaces in chords above a line of lyrics. I want the chords to appear above the correct word of the lyrics. I have turned off the settings for automatic punctuation and smart period in the settings for the iPad and yet BandHelper persists in adding its own periods when I space over unless I enter one space, pause and then add the others I need. How can I turn this off within the app?

arlo

There's no code in my apps that does this. On my iOS 11.2 device, I turned it off in the Settings app from General > Keyboards > "." Shortcut.

BTW, if you use ChordPro formatting to insert chords into your lyrics, then you won't have to type all the spaces, you won't have to respace the chords if you edit the lyrics, and you can quickly hide and show the chords if needed while viewing the song. See step 5 on this page:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/adding_lyrics.html