Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Playing clips in ableton live from band helper on song change

Started by Beaker, December 15, 2017, 11:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaker

Hey,

When I connect my Novation Launchpad to Ableton, I can use the midi learn in Ableton to map each physical pad on the launchpad to launch a clip when i press one. This is awesome.

I've connected band helper (IOS) via bluetooth to my MBP and i'm using channel 16 for midi. Now, what I would like to do is launch one of those clips when I select a song in BH. I've tried the song, CC and Prog changes but can't seem to get anything to work. Ableton seems to think that band helper is sending the same midi data regardless of what info i send it.

Can anyone help? What should I be entering in the midi data in BH that ableton will recognise?

Thanks for any advice.

arlo

Unless someone else here happens to know the specifics for what you're doing, you'll probably have to check the Ableton user manual or ask Ableton's tech support what MIDI messages you need to send to it.

jaytrax

Did you get this to work I'm trying to do the same
I want to select song in Bandhelper and for it to trigger a locator to start multitrack in Ableton live