Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Send MIDI on song change doesn't work

Started by Moehre, December 17, 2017, 09:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moehre

Hi, I am using SetList Maker with my Ipad mini and want to set the performances on my Roland Juno Stage automatically during song change. I did setup all items as described on the website but midi data is not send automatically when song changes. When typing on the midi icon of a selected song everything works as expected.

What I did:

1. Install new MIDI device Roland Juno Stage channel 1 active
2. Install new MIDI Preset "Perf 1" sending MSB 86, LSB 1 and program 1
3. Edit Song and add MIDI Preset 1 (setting Song number to 1, 0 or left blank makes no difference)
4. Pressing MIDI icon sends MIDI data to BT MIDI adaptor and Roland Juno Stage selects performance 1 as expected
5. Select Layouts 1 - Edit Details - Actions - Send MIDI to song selection enabled (show song)

Now selecting show - 1st song = testsong - no perfomance change
tapping on the MIDI icon -> performance changes to 1 as expected

How can I test that SetList Maker is sending MIDI data during song selection?
Do I have to enter a song number in the Song Edit MIDI section?

The Roland Juno Stage has 64 user defined performances - the easiest way to get the desired sound would be setting the performance number in the song midi section (song number) and always sending MSB = 86, LSB = 1 and Program-number = song-number. Is this possible?

Thx and greetings
Moehre

arlo

Now selecting show - 1st song = testsong - no perfomance change
tapping on the MIDI icon -> performance changes to 1 as expected
How can I test that SetList Maker is sending MIDI data during song selection?

Did you explicitly select the song, or is it just showing because it's the first song in the show? The layout actions won't be triggered until you actually select the song.

Do I have to enter a song number in the Song Edit MIDI section?
The Roland Juno Stage has 64 user defined performances - the easiest way to get the desired sound would be setting the performance number in the song midi section (song number) and always sending MSB = 86, LSB = 1 and Program-number = song-number. Is this possible?

No, MIDI Song Numbers and MIDI Program Changes are different. You need to send a program change to your keyboard and the only way to do that is from a MIDI preset.

Moehre

It is just showing because it is the 1st song in the show - how can I enable automatic selecting midi preset in this case?

I will install 64 MIDI Presets for all 64 user defined performances so that I can bind any performance to a song.

Greetings
Moehre

arlo

You'll have to click the first song in the show, after opening the show, to trigger its song selection actions. This is good because imagine if you have a song selection action to play a backing track ... you wouldn't want that to happen until you're ready.