Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Differences between setlist maker and band helper midi

Started by Beaker, December 28, 2017, 01:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaker

Hey, i currently have both setlist maker and band helper installed on my ipad.

When i use the midi learn function while connected to my Nord Stage 2 in setlist maker, the Program Changes I make on the Nord are received (0 3 29 for example).

In band help, i'm trying the same setup but the incoming midi messages seem to be getting to the app (i can see activity in band helpers log) but band helper isn't storing the program changes in the program change section nor in the raw data.

Can someone please advise?

arlo

This should work the same in both apps. Do you have the latest version of each app installed? Did you set up MIDI devices the same way in both apps?

Beaker

Hey, thanks for the reply :-)

My band helper account was a restore of my setlist maker account and the midi settings were the same. The only change I made was moving from channel one to channel 4. I have now reverted back to channel 1.

I made a short video of the two apps running side by side and how setlist maker captures the changes but band helper doesn't, well, they are both receiving midi from the nord but maybe dealing with it differently? https://www.dropbox.com/s/88ybe637a7e2s1t/Video%2029-12-2017%2C%2009%2008%2055.mov?dl=0

I really appreciate the help, they are awesome apps and I couldn't gig without them :-)

arlo

In your MIDI Device, did you set a port and on the Settings > Remote Control page did you set a MIDI Input Port? These would have to match. It's best to leave them both set to All.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please submit a help ticket so I can look at your settings:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia

Beaker

Hey,

So I set my Nord to transmit on channel 1 and set everything in band helper to the same.

Band helper receives note changes from the nord just fine but changing patch isn't recorded anymore.

I'll raise a support ticket.

Thank you for your help.

arlo

The troubleshooting info you sent through the help ticket shows that you have Settings > Remote Control > MIDI Input Port set to All but you have Repertoire > MIDI Devices > Ns2 > Port set to Nord Stage 2 MIDI Input. You should change one or the other so they match. Does that fix it?