Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Jumping to a specific song section

Started by metamorfosis18, January 03, 2018, 05:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metamorfosis18

Hi everyone, I am new to the app and forum.  Coming from OnSong, and still using Ableton Live, and the Lemur app to control things.
Can some please tell me if it is possible, to not only scroll thru the lyrics of a song, but to jump to a particular section at anytime.
For example if I played to the end of the song and wanted to go back to the begining, or to the chorus, can I assign midi, to marker to do that?
Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance.

arlo

Step 8 on this page shows how to add markers to lyrics:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/adding_lyrics.html

You can't jump to arbitrary markers from remote control, but you could page forward and back through the markers. This page shows how to map MIDI messages to trigger actions like paging up and down:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/remote_control.html

You can show a list of the current song's markers on the screen and then jump to them by clicking them on the screen.

metamorfosis18

Thanks for the response.  I tried what you described already, but decided to ask to see if I was missing something.  Up to this point I have been using Ableton to run tracks and sending midi to OnSong to jump to different sections of a song.  I though I would give Setlist Maker a try, to see if it would better suit my needs/workflow.  LOTS of good ideas and very powerful app, maybe you could incorporate this feature in future updates.  Thanks again.

arlo

What are you asking for exactly? The ability to jump to a specific marker from a MIDI message? I don't think that would be very useful because you'd have to memorize the sequence of markers for each song (marker 1 = verse 1, marker 3 = chorus, etc). If you want to jump to specific markers, you can add a list of markers to your layout and then you can see the marker names and click the one you want to jump to.