Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

send program change on song selection

Started by tonkoch, January 08, 2018, 09:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonkoch

Hi everyone,
after connecting my iPad via USB to my nordstage2, finding the MIDI settings sending and receiving is working, I'm now trying to find a possibility to have my program changes immediately sent after changing a song. But it's only working by tapping on the MIDI icon of the song.
I've  already changed the layout details to 'send MIDI to songselection'. What did I miss?
Another thing: how do I have to interpret the three empty spaces in the program change setting? the Nordstage2 has 4 banks, seveal groups and numbers... any idea how to 'translate' 0-127?

Thanks to all
Paul

arlo

Editing your layout details and setting Send MIDI to Song Selection is the correct solution. Maybe you didn't edit the same layout that you're viewing?

I don't know how the Nord's program numbering system maps to the standard MIDI bank and program changes that my app uses, but maybe someone else here does? Otherwise I think there are Nord user forums where someone would know this.

tonkoch

Arlo, you were right: I didn't change the MIDI setting in the splitted layout, with which I've been working...
Everything's fine now - this is a real cool tool on stage! congrats!

arlo

Nordi

Quote from: tonkoch on January 08, 2018, 09:29:25 AM
Hi everyone,

Another thing: how do I have to interpret the three empty spaces in the program change setting? the Nordstage2 has 4 banks, seveal groups and numbers... any idea how to 'translate' 0-127?

Thanks to all
Paul

Hi
On my StageEX i do not need any MSB or LSB Number. Only the Programm-Number is need.
Sound 21-6 = 127. maybe the Nordstage 2 have more Banks, i dont know. For that please read the manual and looking for MSB and/or LSB Numbers

I just read in Nord User Forum about that:

Bank MSB, Bank LSB, Program)
A1 to A50 is 0,0,0 to 0,0,49
B1 to B50 is 0,1,0 to 0,1,49
C1 to C50 is 0,2,0 to 0,2,49
and so on...