Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Song lines going missing ...

Started by Troubador, January 09, 2018, 06:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troubador

I'm new to BandHelper (and ChordPro) and have encountered an odd situation.

I've been pasting (from a Word document that I rewrote using ChordPro [brackets] for guitar chords) lyrics from songs into BandHelper.

One of my songs has all the words under Personal Lyrics - everything shows up just as it was pasted into the box.

If I look at the song using BandHelper on my iMac, all the lyrics appear.

However, if I look at the song on my iPad, iPhone or iPod - a block of text is missing from the middle of the song.

This has me very puzzled.

Any ideas/suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? I'll paste the song below and mark the lines that don't show up.

[G]Penso che un sogno così non ritorni mai [Am]più
[D7]Mi dipingevo le mani e la faccia di [G]blu
Poi d'improvviso [Bm]venivo dal vento [Am]rapito
E incominciavo a [Am7]volare nel cielo [D7]infinito

(the next few lines don't show up)
[Am]Volare, [D7]oh oh...
[G]Cantare, [Em]ohohoho...

Nel [Am]blu [D7]dipinto [G]di blu
[Am]Felice di [D7]stare [G]lassù

E [Em]volavo, volavo felice

Più in alto del [Bm]sole ed ancora più su

[B7]Mentre il mondo pian piano spariva, lontano [Em]laggiù

(after this the lines all show up)

Una [Cm]musica dolce suonava soltanto per [D7]me

[Am]Volare, [D7]oh oh...
[G]Cantare, [Em]ohohoho...

Nel [Am]blu [D7]dipinto [G]di blu
[Am]Felice di [D7]stare [G]lassù

arlo

Please submit a help ticket so I can access your data and see what's going on:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia

Troubador

Thanks. I did try and open a ticket this morning (from my work computer - Windows 10) but nothing seemed to happen. I tried it again just now on my iMac (macOS 10.13).

After hitting the Submit  button, nothing seems to happen. I'm not sure whether the ticket is transmitted in the background.

If I've submitted the ticket multiple times, I apologize - I was expecting some response after clicking Submit and when I got none, I clicked on it several times.

If it didn't come through, then something is not working with the help desk ... I guess?

arlo

If it submitted, you'd see a confirmation page and receive a confirmation email. Maybe something you're entering into the form is breaking the form validation. Can you try entering less or simpler info? Then you can always update the ticket with more info after the initial submission.

Troubador

OK. Thanks, Arlo.

I did re-submit then updated the ticket with the full text that I had originally posted.

Got the web acknowledgement and the email.

Thanks for your help.

arlo

The problem was some invisible control characters in your lyrics that were breaking the ChordPro formatting (and were probably breaking the help desk submission, too). These were probably included in the original content if you copied and pasted the lyrics from somewhere. I just removed them from the lyrics for you.