Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Device Linking Remote Control

Started by appressman, January 26, 2018, 02:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

appressman

Hi Folks,

I'm struggling with device linking with the following chain:  Apple Watch to iPhone X to iPad 3rd generation.   My goal:  Use the watch to scroll through the set and have the iPad content change.  Naturally the watch only knows about the phone so I have the phone set in Device Link to be the control of the iPhone and the watch correctly controls the iPhone but nothing done on the iPhone affects the iPad. I've set all the controls on, the device is connected to each other (on the same WiFi network) I don't know if it's bluetooth or Wifi so just to be sure.   The iPad has the "stop following" choice so it knows it's connected but nothing I do on the iPhone affects the iPad.

Both devices are synced and all data is on both devices.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

arlo

Taking the watch out of the equation for the moment, does a song selection on the iPhone change the iPad?

appressman

No, Arlo,  though I haven't tried disconnecting the watch (that's a pain to do and then reconnect), changing anything on the iPhone doesn't have an impact on the iPad.

I would set the iPad to the same set list as the iPhone, then try to use the iPhone with the two connected, to select songs on the iPad but no luck. 

arlo

Is Settings > Device Linking > Remote Control > Follow Song Selections turned on on the iPad?

appressman

Hi Arlo,

To answer your questions, yes,  I'd set all the options on including Song Selection.  It didn't help so I removed and reinstalled Band Helper on the iPad.   Now it works.  Wish I could tell you what it was.   Now the watch is controlling the iPhone and the iPhone is controlling the iPad.  Life is good. 

Thanks.

arlo