Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

View Lyrics and Video

Started by Ruckman65, February 06, 2018, 01:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckman65

I have lyrics and a video attached to a song. I have Settings > General Settings > External Display to Document. The lyrics are not a document, only typed into the lyrics field. I want to automate the setup so that when I select a song the lyrics appear on a full page on my iPad and a video (document) is displayed on an external device. Should that work? If so, when the video ends, what is shown on the external display?

arlo

Yes, you can set Repertoire > Layouts > [layout name] > Edit Details > Actions > Full-Screen Document Open to show the lyrics full-screen. Then set Settings > General Settings > External Display > Content to Doc +1, and put all your videos in the second position in the Documents list on the song edit pages, to show the video on the external screen. When the video ends, you will see either the last frame of the video or plain black -- I'd have to check to be sure.

Ruckman65

Perfect. Thank you, Arlo. I will check that out and see how it goes.

Ruckman65

So, next question is how do you put a video into the 2nd document position if that is the only document attached to a song?

arlo

You'd have to put something into the Lyrics field; you could just put some placeholder text like "No Lyrics," or the title of the song.