Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Best way to input Tablature in the Lyrics Area

Started by Moon Dog, February 07, 2018, 06:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon Dog

Hey Everyone...Hope you are making great music with BandHelper...

I am looking for a simple way to input Tablature in BandHelper. I had a system with templates where I would tab out lead lines but when I copy and paste that into the Lyrics area it gets hosed.
I suppose I could just create it initially in Bandhelper but I have so many songs with Tabs I would need to redo...I would need to take a week off work.

Anyone?

Thanks.

Moon Dog.

arlo

Moon Dog

Sure.....
So this is how it looks in Pages where I have all my Templates.
e--------6-4-6
B---2-2-------
G-------------
D-------------
A-------------
E-------------

When I copy into Bandhelper it looks like this.

e-------________6-    4-6
B---2    -2-------
G-------                    ------
D-------------
A-------------
E-------------

So the obvious fix is create the tabs in Bandhelper. I just tabbed out a Uke part and it obviously looks perfect.
Thanks.

arlo

I think you might have some tabs in your Pages content. If you remove those and just use dashes between the fret numbers, it should transfer over fine.

Also, you'd need to use a monospace font in Pages to ensure consistent spacing. If you're using a proportional font, it might look right in pages but then things would be slightly off when you copy/paste to another app.

JerryK

I find that some things will paste better into BH if you paste into notepad first. It cleans out 'funny'characters

Moon Dog

Thank you everyone for taking time to comment.

So two solutions I have found that work.

1. Create Tabs directly in Lyric area of BH.
2. Copy the Tabs into TextWrangler. Seems to expose the formatting that BH doesn't like.

Cheers....

Hallelujah