Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Solved. SLM and Bandhelper crashing Mid Song.....This is why.

Started by Moon Dog, February 11, 2018, 08:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon Dog

Hey everyone...almost Valentines Day...don't forget your Lover.

So I have had the experience where SLM and Bandhelper have Stopped/Crashed in the middle of song at my shows.
It is fairly terrifying and hopefully this solution I found will help insure that this never happens to you.

It appears to have to do when you have an automation track that calls out for a Midi Preset that isn't present. How does this happen when you need the Midi Presets to create the automation. Great Question.

How this happened the latest time I had this issue was, I had two presets that I was testing to see which one I liked best. Initially I picked P32. And created the automation.

Then I decided I didn't like P32 after all and I went in and replaced it with P31 directly in the Automation.
Then I was editing something in the song file and decided to clean out the Midi Presets that were not being used in the song.....but I accidentally deleted P31!!!

So now I had a mismatch between my automation and my presets.
Sure enough at the exact time when that preset was being "Called" Bandhelper crashed.

I put the preset back and everything works perfect.

I have tons of songs and work late into the night and I just goofed up....it may happen to you too.
So remember the lesson I had to learn the hard way.

Oh and don't make any last minute changes after dress rehearsal. Thats when I decided to update and clean up. Big mistake.

Cheers.

Moon Dog

arlo

I can look into that and fix the crash if that happens. Was that with iOS or Android?

Moon Dog

iOS....something as simple as

If Preset is missing
Automation track ignores.

Thanks.

Jeff

arlo

I couldn't reproduce the problem. I recorded an automation track that calls a specific MIDI preset, then I tried removing the preset from the song, and deleting the preset completely. In both cases, the automation track just called the first preset attached to the song. I tried removing all the presets from the song and then the automation track just didn't do anything.

Can you recreate the problem and then submit a help ticket?

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia