Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

BandHelper beat clock syncing to Voice Live 3 Extreme

Started by Jonny D, February 17, 2018, 04:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny D

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has been successful sending tempo info via midi from bandhelper to a Voice Live 3.  I can successfully change programs wirelessly from my iPad to the VL3 with Quicco Sound's wireless midi dongle, but haven't been able to sync tempo.  I have enabled send midi beat clock to port in bandhelper and set midi tempo to on, on the VL3.  I'm also tapping the tempo icon for a song selection in bandhelper to start sending the tempo.  The midi icon lights up to the tempo in BH, but the VL3 doesn't seem to respond.

I'm not sure if I missed something in the settings, or if this will even work.   Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Jon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

arlo

If you change Settings > Tempo & Pitch > Send Beat Clock To Port to All, does that help?

Jonny D

Quote from: arlo on February 19, 2018, 11:35:55 AM
If you change Settings > Tempo & Pitch > Send Beat Clock To Port to All, does that help?
Thanks for your response Arlo! I should have mentioned that I have BH set to Send Beat Clock to All, already.  I tried it again just to be sure, and no luck.

Jonny D

Quote from: Jonny D on February 19, 2018, 12:29:26 PM
Thanks for your response Arlo! I should have mentioned that I have BH set to Send Beat Clock to All, already.  I tried it again just to be sure, and no luck.

I did notice however, when I press the midi icon in BH to stop the metronome the VL3 responds with the word midi on its screen.  So it appears it IS getting some type of command from BH....

arlo

If you can change programs from BandHelper, we know MIDI is reaching the VoiceLive; and if BandHelper's MIDI icon is blinking to the beat, we know we're sending the MIDI beat clock. So I think you're doing everything right in BandHelper. I don't know what else you'd need to do on the VoiceLive, unfortunately. Hopefully someone else with direct experience can chime in. You could also contact TC Helicon for tech support on that end.

Jonny D

Quote from: arlo on February 19, 2018, 01:22:05 PM
If you can change programs from BandHelper, we know MIDI is reaching the VoiceLive; and if BandHelper's MIDI icon is blinking to the beat, we know we're sending the MIDI beat clock. So I think you're doing everything right in BandHelper. I don't know what else you'd need to do on the VoiceLive, unfortunately. Hopefully someone else with direct experience can chime in. You could also contact TC Helicon for tech support on that end.
Thank you for your help!  I've been using Setlist Maker for a few years now and recently upgraded to BandHelper.  Thanks for providing a great application!  Hopefully someone has figured this out and can help.   Meanwhile, I will take your advice and see if TC can help....

MikeyJ

Did you ever get this working? For me, it worked as soon as I went to "Setup-->MIDI-->MIDI Tempo" and set it to"ON".