Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

iPad help

Started by catalano, February 20, 2018, 08:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catalano

Hi, I know this is a little off topic, but I thought you might have some insight. I've been using using Set List Maker for many years on an iPad 1. I use it with a Tascam iU2 audio/midi interface. The interface has a very short permanently attached 30 pin iOS cable, so a long time ago I had to find a 30 pin extender cable. That was no easy task because most of them are not designed to pass audio and some aren't designed to charge the device. But I found one from a Chinese manufacturer and have been using it somewhat successfully. The problem is that the cable is a little flaky and sometimes looses the connection to the device. The Tascam unit also has the ability to connect via USB. So I recently acquired the camera connection kit for the iPad and tried to use the Tascam that way. When I change the setting on the Tascam from iOS to USB and connect it to the camera connection kit adapter the iPad tells me that the device requires too much power and cannot be used. So my question is; do you have any idea why the device would be usable when its connected in iOS mode using the 30 pin cable, but then not be usable when its switched to USB mode and connected via the camera connection kit?

Thanks for any input you may have.

arlo

I don't know how the USB vs. 30-pin connection would be different. Adding a powered USB hub between the iPad and the Tascam might solve the problem. Or does the Tascam have a DC input jack that you can power it with separately from the USB?