Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Custom layout not showing

Started by chonk, January 24, 2019, 08:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chonk

I have a custom layout saved.
When I'm connected to the Internet, it shows up as an option when selecting a set list.
However, when I connect to my lighting router at showtime, which has no internet connection, I no longer have that option available AND BH gets laggy because its constantly trying to update/handshake via the Internet. I've tried to turn off Auto Update but it doesn't stick (I thought I read you turned that option off).

Currently, I'm connecting to the Internet, loading my BH setlist with the custom layout, then disconnecting my internet connection and connecting to the lighting router and then connecting my lighting app. This works at "fooling" BH but the autosave thing still makes the program lag and if I make any changes in BH it immediately tries to save them.

arlo

I don't know any reason why different layouts would appear depending on your Internet connection status. Can you post screen shots?

If your device is syncing while connected to a router that has no Internet connection, you can click the sync button in the top toolbar and click Cancel Sync. The syncing shouldn't start again unless you leave and return to the app, or edit something, which I don't expect you'd do during a performance. But if so, you can turn off auto-sync and it should remain off for the rest of the performance (but will turn on again when the app fully quits and restarts).

chonk

The custom layout is the top one - Chonk Live
First 3 pix are connected to my home router with internet. The next 3 are my lighting router with no internet - also notice the auto update icon blinking constantly

arlo

You're not seeing the same layouts in the two screen shots because your device thinks it's in portrait orientation for some reason. Look at the status bar and see how it only extends the width it would be in portrait orientation. I don't think this is related to the syncing, but it's possible that if you rotate your device while it's trying to sync, something that happens during rotation updates slowly. Does it work as expected if you cancel the syncing and then rotate your device?

chonk

Well your right that it thinks it's in portrait mode, however in both instances the app was opened in landscape.

When connected to my non internet router, if I rotate my iPad from landscape to portrait several times it does eventually realize it's in landscape and corrects itself. However it's only when connected to this router. Doesn't even do it if I turn my WiFi off.

It really seems like it's a lag because of the auto update. When connected to the non internet server, the auto update icon is blinking solid almost constantly. Everything is slow in BH. Screen changes, scrolling etc. Doesn't do it when I immediately turn off the WiFi or connect to the internet - even without closing out of the app.

Another thing I've noticed, whenever I ever connect to a non internet router, I get a message saying no internet available and do I want to use without it. I've never got that with this router. Could BH be thinking this router IS connected to the internet even though it isn't? Maybe it's a router config issue?

arlo

It really seems like it's a lag because of the auto update. When connected to the non internet server, the auto update icon is blinking solid almost constantly. Everything is slow in BH. Screen changes, scrolling etc.

What happens if you cancel the sync?

Another thing I've noticed, whenever I ever connect to a non internet router, I get a message saying no internet available and do I want to use without it. I've never got that with this router. Could BH be thinking this router IS connected to the internet even though it isn't? Maybe it's a router config issue?

I'm not sure what message you're looking at -- can you post a screen shot? BandHelper doesn't have a way to know if the router has an Internet connection, so it just tries syncing until the attempt times out after five minutes.

chonk

If I cancel the sync - it just starts up again shortly after - I'll try to post a video tonight.

The message is not in BH. The message is in the IOS WiFi connection screen. Again I'll try to post a photo.