Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Recurrent events, standing gigs, etc.

Started by LesStrangers, February 23, 2018, 09:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LesStrangers

Our band has several recurrent gigs. One particular gig is every first Thursday of the Month. Another gig is an annual one. You get the idea. Particularly with the first Thursday of the month gig, it would be great to have a recurring event function that would autofill the calendar.

If the band has several recurring gigs as we do, it would save a ton of key entry.

arlo

This is on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you. Meanwhile, you can take an existing event, click the Copy button and then change the date to make another event like it.

LesStrangers

I am using the copy feature, thanks, and it does help.

But the recurrrent feature is really important, because we are literally contracted one year out for a monthly recurrent gig, so I want and need to post all twelve gigs immediately in one session, otherwise the musicians will put it out of sight and out of mind.

shibetpc

Quote from: LesStrangers on February 27, 2018, 01:55:02 PM
I am using the copy feature, thanks, and it does help.

But the recurrrent feature is really important, because we are literally contracted one year out for a monthly recurrent gig, so I want and need to post all twelve gigs immediately in one session, otherwise the musicians will put it out of sight and out of mind.

I'd like to bump this feature.  Most of my 'in-season' gigs are residencies.  e.g. Every Monday, same time and place, from this date to that date.  Would be extremely handy for scheduling.

arlo

The event edit page now has several repeat options for events. More details on how it works, plus all the updates from yesterday's release, are in the release notes:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html

LesStrangers

I'll check it out, Arlo! You are everyone's favorite developer!

arlo

LesStrangers

I have noticed a bug with the recurring schedule. I'm scheduling a standing gig we do every First Thursday of the month, and I've scheduled it until December 20th. For some buggy reason, it does alright and then suddenly kicks over to every Wednesday. I've tried double-checking my date entries, but can't seem to get it to correct.

(At first, one of my bandmates said that it scheduled until the end of this year, 2019, on Weds, then switched over to Thursdays.) So I thought perhaps it didn't like skipping years, perhaps a leap year thing. So I scheduled it until 2019, and got 2019 straight, then did a new repeat schedule on Jan 2020 through Dec 2020.  January & February were correct, but then it scheduled the rest of the months on Weds. again.

A fly must have flown into the ointment on this one plug-in. 

arlo

What is the time of the event? I wonder if it's a Daylight Saving thing. Does the date it switches correspond to the date that DST starts or ends?

LesStrangers

As a follow up to other readers here. I posted a ticket about this issue to Arlo, who debugged the system. I have not tested it fully, just it appears to have been corrected. Thanks again, Arlo and team.