Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Author Topic: User Information - usable data fields & Viewability  (Read 374 times)

LesStrangers

User Information - usable data fields & Viewability
« on: February 27, 2018, 07:17:32 PM »
I am perplexed that there isn't a bit more info available in 'User' module. Plenty of info in Contact section, but Users, who are the actual players, not much info at all. My subscription is for 12-20 Users, playing a variety of instruments with different roles in the band. Larger bands carry more complexity and it's tougher to sort things out.

Specifically what I need is the INSTRUMENT a particular player plays, their STATUS and any other ROLE they play within the band.  We usually only play with 6 players, but we have lots of subs, and sometimes we play with eight players.

I would think you'd really want to allow larger bands to have alto sax, vs. tenor sax, etc., etc. Here's an example:

NAME:               John Doe
INSTRUMENT:    Violin
ROLE:                Founder    (or manager, or voting principals, etc.)

I want to at least see the instrument in the list view. AND I need to be able to sort players in the list view so that my core players show up at the top, with subs, etc., at the bottom. Personally, I'd also list the band principals first (the voting founders), the core players of the band next, and subs and guests on down, etc.

AND when I see my 12-20 names show up in my Event page with their little checkboxes, I want to see them in that same order. I don't want to have to fish through the checkboxes of players that are 2nd or 3rd positions, or guests each time.

Am I making sense, or missing something? Thanks!

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:34:05 AM by LesStrangers »

arlo

• Administrator
Re: User Information - usable data fields & Viewability
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 08:06:36 AM »
Good suggestions. This is on my to do list and I'll let you know when I can add it.

Sonnyboy666

Re: User Information - usable data fields & Viewability
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 10:57:29 PM »
I Think thats a good idea. Some more fields for the users would be great.