Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Set list maker to send midi messages to control amplitube, bias fx, etc.

Started by sidneymazzei, March 14, 2018, 06:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidneymazzei

Hello! Is there anyway to control amplitube or similar ipad apps via midi messages automated by set list maker?
Sorry for my bad english.

arlo

Yes, you can send MIDI messages to other apps the same way you'd send them to other devices. More info is here:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/sending_MIDI.html

sidneymazzei

Hi, Arlo!
I fear I'm an absolute beginner in midi stuff...

This is exactly what I'm trying to do here:

I play voice and guitar over backing tracks triggered by set list maker.
I have an Alesis IO Dock Ipad interface and I'm able to plug my guitar on it to use Amplitube, but I don't have a footswitch, like blueboard.
What I'm trying to do is to automate midi messages on the songs to send via set list maker commands to turn on/off effects on my Amplitube app.

Is it possible? How can i achieve this?
could you help me with this?

Sorry for my ignorance, sir! And Thank you!

arlo

It sounds like Automation Tracks is what you're looking for. Check this out:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/performing.html#automation_tracks

If you take this route, I'd recommend setting up the MIDI Presets for a song first, and testing those manually to get that part working. Then you can record the automation track to send them at the desired times during the song.

sidneymazzei

Yes! thats it!
But how can I recognize amplitube as a midi device inside set list maker? and how can i address the actions (change a program, for example) to create the midi presets in set list maker?

arlo

Amplitude has to support virtual MIDI (meaning MIDI between apps on the same device) for incoming messages. You can ask its developer if you want to confirm that. Then generally you don't have to do anything special in Set List Maker to set this up. It will send MIDI to all available recipients. You can restrict that to individual recipients by setting a Port value in the MIDI Device settings, but I recommend not doing that unless you find a need for it.

sidneymazzei

thank you, sir!
I'm doing some research here to find out what to do based on your information.