Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

BH Advances to Next Song Automatically

Started by chuckpuckett, March 14, 2018, 11:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckpuckett

Our band gave BH an inaugural workout at last nights rehearsal. We were all very positive going in, the app looks like a tremendous improvement over SLM. But then weirdness raised its ugly head.

I was controlling BH with an AirTurn, one pedal toggling Scrolling, the other advanced to Next Song. Another player used AirTurn to select Next/Prev Page. Drummer was not using AirTurn. But all of us experienced, at roughly the same time during a song, that BH simply, all by itself, advanced to the next song. (I mention AirTurn control just to point out that there is no likely connection to a Remote Control action). Could not find any setting or Help topic that addressed such behavior.

I am presuming cockpit error, otherwise the app would be rendered useless, and I don't hear any indication of that. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

On another topic: it occurred to me that a useful addition to a Layout would be a "Set Timer"; ie, just a stopwatch that indicated how long we had been playing. I didn't see anything like that offered n the Layout options. Anyone know if such a thing exists? Or would that be a new feature request?

Thanks In Advance!
Chuck Puckett
"I don't want to steal the show... I only want to borrow it for a while"
www.puckettpublishing.com
www.bimini-road.com

arlo

all of us experienced, at roughly the same time during a song, that BH simply, all by itself, advanced to the next song.

It sounds like you have Repertoire > Layouts > Edit Details > Actions > Select Next Song set to Song Completion. You can clear that setting.

On another topic: it occurred to me that a useful addition to a Layout would be a "Set Timer"; ie, just a stopwatch that indicated how long we had been playing. I didn't see anything like that offered n the Layout options. Anyone know if such a thing exists? Or would that be a new feature request?

You can edit your layout to add the Elapsed Time field, either to the bottom toolbar or to the main song area. Fields to show the projected remaining duration or projected end time are also available.

In the future, please create separate threads for separate topics to aid in searching.

chuckpuckett

I added Elapsed Time to Layout, but it never advances. What activates this field?
What I expected to see was a timer that just showed how much wall-clock time had elapsed since the show/set began.
Chuck Puckett
www.bimini-road.com

arlo

It is the amount of time since you selected the first song in the set, or reached a set break. It shows hours:minutes, not minutes:seconds ... did you wait more than a minute to see it update?

chuckpuckett

I am a product of an impatient culture.
Waiting a minute got the hoped for result
Tnx!
Chuck Puckett
www.bimini-road.com

arlo